Founder SSI (Sophisticated Systems, Inc.)
Contributing Author, Coach, Speaker
Board of Directors at The Ohio Venture OrganizationWith over thirty years of experience in the IT industry, Dwight Smith is the Founder, President and CEO of Sophisticated Systems, Inc. in Columbus. Sophisticated Systems provides businesses with a comprehensive set of information and technology solutions to drive results, from professionals and products to managed services. In May 2008, Mr. Smith made Sophisticated Systems an ESOP company to recognize the value of his team and the dedication they have to their clients. With between 80-90 technology professionals employed on average, the company has a philosophy that "giving back" to the community is not an option but an absolute requirement.
Sophisticated Systems has experienced national recognition in being named as one of Inc. Magazine’s 500 Fastest Growing Companies in the country. They have also been nominated for and won the Corporate Caring Award, Top Cat Tech Innovation Award for technology leadership and have been named to the Columbus Fast 50 for 5 years in a row. Sophisticated Systems is on track to grow to $30 Million by 2015.
Mr. Smith is very active in the Columbus community and believes that it is an honor to be in a position to contribute to the community. In 1998, Mr. Smith established a non-profit foundation, TBTG (Thanks Be To God), to provide assistance to children in our community and around the world. He is committed to increasing the funding available to support multiple causes to enhance our community and provide support for faith based organizations. More information on TBTG can be found at www.TBTGfoundation.org.
Mr. Smith resides in New Albany, OH with his wife Renee. In addition, he has served as an Adjunct Professor in the MBA Program at Franklin University, and has been a guest lecturer at The Fisher College of Business at The Ohio State University.
COMPANY & BOARD INVOLVEMENT
• Board of Directors - CTL Engineering Inc. – Regional engineering firm
• Board of Directors - State Auto Mutual Insurance Company (Compensation Committee)
• Board of Directors – The Columbus Foundation
• Board of Directors – The Salvation Army (Advisory Board)
• Board of Directors – Tech Columbus, Past Chair
• Board of Directors – Columbus Airport Authority, Past Board Chair
• Board of Directors - The Ohio Venture Organization
• Board of Directors - Nationwide Children's Hospital
• Founder - Ross Leadership Institute
• Past Chairman of the Board - Columbus State Community College
• Past Board Member – Columbus Chamber of Commerce
• Sophisticated Systems, Inc. (Founder, President & CEO from July 1990 to Present)
• Software Alternatives, Incorporated (Branch Manager from April 1988 to August 1990)
• Cullinet Software, Incorporated (July 1987 to April 1988)
• International Business Machines (Marketing Manager from September 1979 to June 1987)
• Bachelor of Science in Marketing Ohio State University 1978
• MBA in Finance Ohio State University 1979